Wednesday, September 9, 2020

"Be anxious for nothing"

Novemeber 2016, right around my birthday I found out that I qualified for my first car loan. The cutest little Honda Civic. I LOVE my little Honda. 

I know most people will think nothing of this because of my age.
Let me be clear. This is my first car loan, on my own, my own money, my own credit, since probably around before the time I was Married! My first car was a toyota tercel that my Ex husband co signed with me on. A VERY LONG TIME AGO! I believe it was before I was even able to legally drink. 

 Summer of 2016 I was going out to hang out with a friend and on my way there I got into an accident and totaled my van. My van was a big deal to me as well because it was the first car I bought for myself in cash since 1998. I LOVED my van and it fit my whole family and then some..However it was really expensive to fill with gas. Which is the reason why I started to look at much smaller vehicles since technically I rarely transport my family all together anyways. And if I do its only a in town drive. No biggie. 

I was already working on rebuilding my credit since my divorce. I finally qualified for a small credit card and had a steady job that I had no intent on quitting at all in the near future. ( I honestly can say I love the place I work at )

I looked and researched what I wanted and decided an used Honda Civic was right for me. My Honda was at the time 10 years old and less than 95,000 miles. Very well maintained and in my price range. All I needed was a loan...I decided on ONE place to apply. I went in with Everything I thought I needed, and applied. The response was not instantaneous. I had to wait. Something you'd think at that point I would be good at but can't say I enjoyed that part at all....I can say I'm grateful for patience but don't enjoy it all that much. Just not a fan yet. 
However, I can do it because I do VERY much enjoy the fruits of my patience. 
One day I was REALLY reaching my limits of my patience.  I Really wanted to keep calling the creditor asking if they reached a decision yet on my application..But I resisited....

sucked.

I forgot what I was doing that moment but I looked down at my pen and read what was on it. It was a simply "clicky" black pen with writing on it that said
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God"

At that point I felt relaxed and at peace. I didn't feel the need to stress about when I was going to find out if I qualified. Then, on my birthday I found out. I got my loan and I was able to pick up my little car. Happy Birthday to me. This experience will stick with me forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Be anxious for nothing"

Novemeber 2016, right around my birthday I found out that I qualified for my first car loan. The cutest little Honda Civic. I LOVE my little...